We are now accepting applications for our FALL 2019 cycle. The deadline for this next cycle is November 30, 2019.
Fertility Foundation of Texas will award grants up to $10,000 (as funds permit) to Central Texas (Waco to San Antonio) residents that can be used toward fertility treatment through any SART clinic in the United States. Payments will be made directly to the provider on behalf of the patient.**
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRANT
Qualifying applicants must:
- Be Central Texas residents; Central Texas spans from San Antonio to Waco, north south, and from Mason county to Brazos county, east west. For more info see here
- Demonstrate financial need based on a total household income below $100,000/year;
- Be uninsured for fertility treatment OR has exhausted infertility coverage;
- Be evaluated by, and under the care of, a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist who has diagnosed their cause of infertility and has prescribed a treatment plan; AND,
- Receive treatments at a SART member clinic (Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies is an affiliated society to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine)
- The Fertility Foundation of Texas does not offer grants for oocyte (egg) or sperm cryopreservation, where the grant recipient has no immediate plans to attempt conception. This is due to a number of factors, including our limited funds and continued changes in technology and techniques surrounding retrieval and cryopreservation. We may reconsider this decision in the future and will update this website accordingly in the event of a change.
[Applicants with primary infertility (having no other living children), under the age of 40 (due to the significant statistical decrease in ovarian reserve), and no previous IVF cycles will be given priority]
THE FERTILITY FOUNDATION OF TEXAS GRANT PROCESS
Applications are reviewed and selected by the Foundation’s Board, in consultation with our Advisory Board twice a year (December; June). Applicants are asked to provide the following:
- GRANTAPPLICATION (FFOTXGrant Application v2.1) with all supporting documentation
- SIGNED TREATING PHYSICIAN FORM (FFOTXTreating Physician Form v2.1)
- A one page PERSONAL STATEMENT about your infertility history
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE COMPLETED WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION AND SENT via United States Postal Service NO LATER THAN [November 30th for Winter Grant Award; May 31st for Summer Grant Award] TO THE ADDRESS BELOW. We do not currently accept electronically filed applications. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN WRITING via email whether they are awarded grant funds.
**Grant dollars can be applied toward embryology services, medications, laboratory services and hospital or facility fees. No grant dollars can be applied toward physician services.